• To learn the key concepts in Scrum as defined in the Scrum Body of Knowledge (SBOK™ Guide).
• Obtain a basic understanding of how the Scrum framework works in delivering successful projects.
• To ensure that students understand the basics of Scrum and what Scrum team members need to know to effectively contribute to a Scrum project.
Course Overview and Agenda
This course is highly recommended for everyone in an organization who works on a Scrum team or anyone who interacts with any Scrum team or is interested in understanding the basics of Scrum and how this method could be used effectively. Upon completion of this course, students will be able to apply Scrum effectively as a developer, or member of a team that uses Scrum to manage its projects. Class Participants will be awarded the Scrum Developer Certified (SDC™) certificate by SCRUMstudy™ after successfully passing the certification exam.
Introduction to Scrum
• Overview of Scrum
• Brief History of Scrum
• Why Use Scrum?
• Scalability of Scrum
• How to Use the Scrum Body of Knowledge (SBOKTM Guide)
• Scrum Principles
• Empirical Process Control
• Value Based Prioritization
• Time Boxing
• Iterative Development
• Value Driven Delivery
• Importance of Business Justification
• Business Justification Techniques
• Continuous Business Justification and Confirm Benefit Realization
• Acceptance Criteria and Prioritized Product Backlog
• Quality Planning
• Quality Control and Quality Assurance
• Quality Scope and Business Value
• Risk Identification and Assessment
• Risk Prioritization, Mitigation, and Communication
PMP is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute.
Talent Triangle is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute.
PMP and ACP are registered marks of the Project Management Institute
SDC, SMC, SPOC, AEC are registered marks of Scrum Study